Do you ever find yourself struggling to find a place to eat breakfast in Edinburgh? Trying to decide between all the restaurants and cafes can be overwhelming, and finding the best place to satisfy your hunger and cravings can be a real challenge. But don’t worry! Our team of food bloggers have put together a comprehensive list of the best breakfast places in Edinburgh so you can finally enjoy that satisfying breakfast you deserve.
Edinburgh offers a diverse range of breakfast places catering to various tastes and preferences. Here are some popular options for enjoying a delicious breakfast in Edinburgh:
- Urban Angel: This café focuses on using fresh, locally sourced ingredients to create a range of breakfast options, including classics like scrambled eggs and smoked salmon or more creative dishes like French toast with seasonal fruit.
- The Blue Bear: A cozy café known for its hearty breakfasts, including full Scottish breakfasts with haggis, black pudding, and other traditional elements.
- Hula Juice Bar & Gallery: If you’re looking for a healthier option, Hula offers a variety of smoothie bowls, açai bowls, and fresh juices, along with breakfast items like avocado toast and granola bowls.
- Papii: A Mediterranean-inspired café offering dishes like shakshuka, eggs Benedict, and a variety of pastries. The café has a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Söderberg Pavilion: This Swedish bakery and café serves a range of freshly baked goods, from pastries to sourdough bread. They also offer hearty breakfast options like Swedish-style porridge and breakfast sandwiches.
- Baba Budan: Known for its specialty coffee and delicious doughnuts, Baba Budan also offers breakfast items like filled croissants, porridge, and breakfast rolls.
- Café Milk: A laid-back café offering a selection of breakfast options, including pancakes, eggs, and various vegetarian choices.
- Mimi’s Bakehouse: Famous for its baked goods, Mimi’s offers a wide selection of cakes, pastries, and breakfast dishes like waffles and eggs.
- Bross Bagels: For a unique breakfast experience, try Bross Bagels’ assortment of bagels with various fillings and toppings, inspired by different cuisines.
- The Pantry: Known for its friendly atmosphere, The Pantry serves breakfast dishes ranging from Scottish breakfasts to lighter options like yogurt parfaits and granola.
- The Gardener’s Cottage: Set in a historic building, this restaurant offers a changing seasonal breakfast menu with options like sourdough toast, poached eggs, and cured meats.
- Southern Cross Café: A Kiwi-style café offering a taste of New Zealand with dishes like eggs Benedict with a twist and their renowned flat whites.
Remember that opening hours, menus, and availability can change, so it’s always a good idea to check ahead and make a reservation if possible. Also, keep in mind that Edinburgh has a thriving food scene, so there are plenty of other breakfast spots to explore beyond this list.